Membership in BCTA frees you to focus on your business, while we represent your interests, keep you informed, find answers to your questions, provide industry training for your staff, as well as member programs and industry products for your company. Whether you are a 1- or 100-truck operation, membership in BCTA saves you time and money, day after day.
Motor Carrier Member – benefits include:
- Advocacy We make sure your voice is heard by governments on all issues that affect your business. We regularly consult with members and our volunteer Board of Directors so that we know and convey your views accurately. As a BCTA member you also belong to the Canadian Trucking Alliance or Motor Coach Canada, which provide national – and international – representation.
- Expertise BCTA staff is extremely knowledgeable and ready to help on a wide range of issues. And if we don’t know the answer to a question, we’ll find it for you. We serve our members exclusively, and you are free to contact us as required.
Information Your membership includes:
- a subscription to the Bulletin, published weekly most of the year. The Bulletin keeps you up to date on our own initiatives as well as, among other news, federal and provincial regulations, cross-border security issues, requirements at BC’s terminals and ports, funding for HR and other initiatives, and infrastructure news and restrictions. We frequently provide additional guidance on regulatory issues, for example, that is available only to members.
- the option to join our e-mail alert lists for time-sensitive news on specific topics.
- a copy of our annual Membership Roster listing BCTA’s Executive, Board of Directors, operating and associate members, and federal, provincial and state government officials. Available only to members.
- Public relations We use media releases, editorials, interviews, presentations and participation in other organizations (e.g., the Business Council of BC) to ensure the public and media have the opportunity to know and understand an industry that we are proud to serve.
- Training BCTA provides industry-related courses and workshops in our Langley classroom as well as other locations in the province and a growing list of webinars for members who require more flexible delivery. Members receive approximately 25 percent off the standard rate. Visit Training for a list of current courses and costs.
- Tools & resources Your personal BCTA access code and password give you access to free Job Postings and the Find a Transporter database, both publicly available for career seekers and potential customers from our homepage. Other resources, including our staff contact list, are available from your personal dashboard.
Associate Members – are eligible for all of the applicable benefits above, as well as:
- Networking BCTA has a wide-ranging network of industry contacts, including over 1200 trucking and motor coach members (via direct membership and through Related Association members) and over 250 suppliers. Our Membership Roster includes contact information for all members. Use our network to target potential customers and opportunities for your own business.
- Events & Sponsorship BCTA hosts events throughout the year in which associate members can participate and connect with carriers, including our annual Management Conference, Golf Tournament and Christmas Party. We also provide a range of sponsorship opportunities for all events. For a copy of our sponsorship opportunities click here.
- Advertising Only members can advertise their services and/or special offers in the Bulletin, which goes out to our full member list, and on the front page of the Rearview Mirror, a digital publication that follows each annual event. Associate members are included in our online Member Directory, available to all members from their personal dashboard, as well as our Find a Supplier or Service Provider database, which is publicly available from our homepage.
Additional Membership Categories
BCTA has four additional member categories, which also receive applicable benefits described above:
- Shipper: open to any BC-based company that purchases transportation services from trucking companies, to help them gain a better understanding of the trucking industry and the companies they hire. Shipper members are not eligible to vote on association matters or hold office in the association.
- Related Association: for associations with members that may operate large commercial vehicles but not as their primary function. We collaborate with our Association Members on advocacy initiatives of mutual benefit and concern. A Related Association member may delegate an individual to represent it in, and vote on, association matters.
- Alumni: for those who are no longer with a BCTA-member company but would like to maintain contact with the association and other members. Alumni members are not eligible to vote on association matters or hold office in the association.
BCTA provides member programs and services to all members, many at reduced prices. For more information, go to Programs & Services.
See the sidebar for our rates. Interested in becoming a member? Click Join BCTA to apply.