CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency Program
The BC Trucking Association (BCTA), in partnership with the B.C. Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure proudly announces the fourth offering of the CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency (HDVE) Program. The Province of British Columbia has committed $3.5 million to Year-four of the Program that will run from August 12, 2022, to August 31, 2023, or until the funds are fully allocated, whichever comes first.
To be eligible for program incentives, BCTA membership is not required. Companies must meet the full eligibility criteria that are available in the HDVE Program Guide, including:
- At least one company representative must have successfully completed the CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency Program Course prior to taking possession of fuel-saving equipment, regardless if a company representative has previously taken the course;
- The incentives must be for eligible equipment to be installed on a heavy-duty vehicle (or vehicles) with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) greater than 11,794 kg and operated in BC;
- All qualifying equipment being applied for, must be purchased and installed in BC;
- The company must conduct business in BC; and
- The company must have at least one terminal in BC.
Note: Companies that have had a company representative complete and pass the CleanBC Heavy-duty Vehicle Efficiency Program Course in either 2019, 2020, 2021 or 2022 must retake the course to be eligible to apply for Program Incentives in 2022/23.
CleanBC HDVE Program Course
Applicants must also successfully complete the free, pre-requisite CleanBC HDVE Program Course that describes the benefits of using different fuel-saving technologies and practices for the NSC company the vehicle(s) included in the application are registered under. This newly revamped and condensed course, which is offered by webinar and in-person, teaches participants the importance on why truck and motor coach fleets of any size should have a fuel management program that focuses on driver training, benchmarking, adoption of fuel-saving equipment, and fleet turnover, including consideration of alternative fuel options. Course registration is free. Visit our training page for upcoming course dates and to register.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants are eligible to apply for CleanBC HDVE Program Incentives, featuring rebates on the purchase and installation of qualifying fuel-saving equipment. Incentive amounts are up to $15,000 per vehicle and up to $100,000 per fleet for purchase and installation of approved fuel-saving equipment and technology. Click here for the Year-four application form.
To support equitable distribution of funds across BC carriers, the following application evaluation and distribution process criteria will be followed:
- For the period of August 12, 2022 to October 31, 2022, all Program Incentive funds will be disbursed by provincial region1 proportional to the region’s population distribution;
Distribution of funds, between the period of August 12, 2022 to October 31, 2022 will also support the promotion of transportation diversification across carrier type and size and with priority access being given to new applicants:
- Between August 12, 2022 and September 14, 2022, BCTA will only accept applications from new applicants, those carriers, as defined by their National Safety Code (NSC) number that have not been allocated funds from the Program2 in year-one, two or three and self-declared Indigenous-owned carriers, regardless if they were allocated funds in program year-one, two or three in support of reconciliation;
- Beginning September 15, 2022 to October 31, 2022, BCTA will accept applications from carriers based on provincial region.
- If funds from a region have been unallocated as of October 31, 2022, those funds will then be allocated to a general pot for distribution on a first-come, first-serve basis effective November 1, 2022, regardless of what region the applicant is applying from, until such time all funds are issued, or August 31, 2023, whichever comes first.
Please note, that BCTA will confirm receipt of all applications submitted electronically within 2 business days. Should you not receive a response within 2 business days, it is your responsibility to follow up with BCTA to confirm receipt of your application.
All applications are to be submitted either in-person to the BCTA Office (20111 93A Avenue, Langley BC V1M 4A9), or by email at CleanBC@BCTrucking.com.
Contact us at CleanBC@BCTrucking.com or call 604-888-5319.
(2) Defined as having applied for, and been approved for funds through the issuance of a Commitment Letter, regardless if they acted on the Commitment Letter or not.