Dieseltech is growing, and is looking for a motivated, career-minded, professional individual to fill the role of Service Manager.
The role will involve working with the General Manager in planning, organizing and supervising all day to day activities of the service department. You will work closely with the Parts Manager and Foremen to ensure our goal of routinely delivering an outstanding customer experience.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent technical knowledge
• Highly motivated and energetic
• Leadership and management experience
• Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and customers.
• General computer and software diagnostics skills.
• The ability to withstand work related deadlines and pressures.
• Strong leader and great communicator who can assist in coaching and training skills necessary to maintain and grow the team
Benefits: Group Life, Extended Health, Dental, Long Term Disability, Group RRSP's, bridge toll compensation
We offer a positive environment and a commitment to quality of work life.
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive.
Central Burnaby location.
Skills and Qualifications
Duties & Responsibilities: • Manages, prioritizes and directs the scheduling and work activities of the technical and service staff • Reviews all work being performed • (Some) Informing customer status of any possible discrepancies • Research and recommend training for service staff • Aids in recruitment, hiring, discipline and termination of service personnel • Ensure a high code of ethics, integrity and moral within the department • Continuous professional development for self • Manage and maintain effective service bookings • Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them • Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, provincial and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, WCB right-to-know, etc. • Provide technical assistance to employees as needed