Simard has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join our Vancouver Division; Simard Westlink Inc. located in Richmond, BC. The HRBP leads and supports all HR functions within Simard Westlink and provides exceptional customer service to all. You will deliver and support the ongoing implementation of corporate regional policies and initiatives which are deemed necessary to help achieve our continued growth as a company and within our industry. The HRBP position is responsible for aligning business objectives between management and employees in all company business units. The position serves as a consultant to management and as a company resource to all Simard Westlink employees on human resource-related issues.
Simard Transport has been a leader in the Canadian transportation and warehousing industry for over 75 years. It has a long standing reputation for exceptional quality and customer service. Operating from the largest commercial capitals in Canada, Simard offers solutions for the transportation of cargo from all major maritime, airport and railway terminals.
About the You!!
You are a passionate and professional Human Resources individual who is looking for an opportunity and environment to apply your HR knowledge and experience. The next opportunity you seek provides you with professional growth and personally, is the “right fit” for you at this stage of your HR career. You will establish and maintain a strategic working partnership with the business leaders by sharing your HR experience, knowledge and by providing guidance in all HR matters. You thrive on supporting individuals in their day to day activities and aligning national corporate HR strategy with local operational objectives and goals. This is a great opportunity to utilize your partnering, communication and interpersonal skills to influence at all levels of Simard.
• Full Life Cycle Recruitment; Support management in all HR recruitment activities, including helping to determine HR needs, advertising position/s, vetting resumes, participating in interviews, criminal background checks and offer letters aligned with the overall compensation philosophy for both union and non union roles
• Lead the development, implementation, and adjustment of HR Policies and Procedures – regionally and nationally
• Collaborate and work proactively with business leaders; counseling and supporting in all matters of HR; which may include, but are not limited to: attendance/performance management, disability management and employee/labour relations.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, submit your resume today.
Simard is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however only those candidates who meet the requirements and are shortlisted will be contacted.
Skills and Qualifications
What Qualifications You Bring to the Role:
• 5 or more years of professional Human Resource Business Partner experience, working and collaborating with business leaders in a consultative capacity, in a high-volume, fast paced work environment, ideally in an unionized environment
• Previous proven high-volume recruitment experience for union and non union positions
• Demonstrated practical knowledge of Human Resources Management Principles and Practices, Employment Standards, and other employment laws and regulations
• High degree of confidentiality and professionalism
• Excellent communication skills and ability
• Must have a clean criminal record, as we are a Sufferance bonded facility