The class 3 delivery driver is required to operate a tandem truck and efficiently deliver produce to customers by following driver safety rules and providing exceptional customer service. The driver is also required to assist with pulling orders from the warehouse, palletize products, process paperwork accurately, and perform other duties at the request of the Dispatcher or Manager. Safety equipment will be provided. At least 6 months of commercial truck driving experience (e.g. 3 ton / 5 ton, tandem) is required. This is a local driving position. Candidates must be able to pass a background check.
· Operate a class 3 tandem truck and make deliveries efficiently
· Provide exceptional customer service and handle customer complaints professionally
· Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and comply with DOT regulations
· Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately
· Rotate merchandise when required in confined spaces
· Assist with shipping and loading trucks for second runs and palletize product
· Full time: 5 days a week with 1 weekend shift
· Shift starts between 6am/7:30am; shifts usually last for 8 hours but may vary depending on business needs
· Ability to work overtime and on statutory holidays
*Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada*
Due to the pandemic and our proactive efforts to provide a safe environment for everyone, please apply online and do not apply in-person.
As North America’s largest and most respected produce distributor, FreshPoint is driven by strong corporate and community values and, most important, driven by the employees who uphold them. FreshPoint, Inc. and its operating companies is a great place to find your professional and personal potential. Our mission is to help our customers succeed, but FreshPoint is also the place where you can find your success.
If you are a team player, have a positive attitude, and goes above and beyond we want you to join our team!
What we offer
Comprehensive benefits package (e.g. extended health & dental, MSP, pension) provided after 3 months of full-time employment. Competitive compensation and career development opportunities are available.
Skills and Qualifications
· Completion of high school diploma
· A valid Class 3 or higher driver’s license with Airbrake (an asset)
· Minimum 6 months of experience operating a class 3 or 5 ton truck
· Fairly clean Drivers Abstract
· Basic English proficiency
· Ability to Load and unload goods/materials 10lbs to 50 lbs
· Candidates must be able to pass a background check